“Crushing” in winemaking is the process of gently pressing the grapes to open up the skins and release the fruit within. The Crush Club offers its members ongoing opportunities to “open up” the vineyard and explore behind the scenes. Crush Club members help us sort grapes during harvest, enjoy access to exclusive and pre-released wines, pour at festivals, and even share their input on wine blends we’re working on for the future. Membership in the Crush Club is a kind of “backstage pass” to Barren Ridge, inviting you to participate and share in what we do here.
The Barren Ridge Vineyards Crush Club invites you to experience the best that the vineyard has to offer.
Crush Club members receive three bottles of wine four times a year, selected by our owners, for $55 per quarter–the only cost for membership.
Additional benefits of membership include free tastings, wine discounts, exclusive events, notes from our winemaker on all Crush Club releases, recipe pairing suggestions, and complimentary admission to our monthly 3rd Friday Night concerts.
Quarterly Pick-Up Parties
Crush Club members who live locally are invited to attend our quarterly Pick-Up Parties to pick up their wines. At these casual events, you might taste wines not yet released to the public or have the chance to purchase a previous vintage from John and Shelby’s wine cellar. You will hear from us on what’s coming up for the vineyard and for the Crush Club. And you will get to know other wine lovers and friends of Barren Ridge.
Crush Club members receive exclusive access to a section of our website (linked below) that features notes from our winemaker, explaining the vintage, harvest, winemaking process, and bottling of each wine selected for quarterly Crush Club releases. Our winemaker also includes general suggestions for wine-and-food pairings, as well as offering a specific recipe to complement each wine and inspire your inner chef and sommelier.
Blend Tasting Panels
Because our Crush Club members get to know our wines so well, we consult them on their preferences for our future blends. Our winemaker organizes small group tasting panels of Crush Club members who sample trial blends of wines like Harmony and Red Barren and then offer their feedback to our winemaking team. We consider our Crush Club to be the backbone of our business, and as such we rely on their input on the wines we’re producing.
Included in your Crush Club membership are:
- 4 shipments per year of 3 wines selected by our owners and winemaker (shipments are released in January, April, July, and October)
- $55 per quarter, charged quarterly by credit or debit card we keep on file
- 10% discount on bottles purchased in our Tasting Room
- 20% discount on cases purchased in our Tasting Room
- Complimentary reserve tastings
- Complimentary admission to 3rd Friday Night concert series (Sunsets at the Vineyard / Firelight Friday)
- Exclusive access to: winemaker’s notes, special events, pre-released wines, and more!
- The 4th Quarter Pick-Up Party will be held Tuesday, October 10th from 6 till 8 p.m. Come out to the winery and enjoy a casual evening of mingling with your fellow Club members, picking up your quarterly wines, hearing the latest news from the vineyard, and enjoying complimentary hors d’oeuvres!
- Please note that due to the number of guests attending, we are not able to pour reserve tastings during the Pick-Up Party, although we are happy to pour complimentary tastings for Club members during our regular business hours. If you need to sample 1 or 2 wines to help you choose a bottle to enjoy during the event, you are welcome to do so.
- If you are a current Crush Club member and have questions regarding your account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can respond to you as quickly as possible!