One of our favorite things to talk about at Barren Ridge is what to eat with our wines, and during the month of October, when we’re not busy wrapping up harvest, our thoughts always turn to great autumn produce and comfort food eating. Fueled by pumpkin-spice-flavored caffeine, we also start thinking about roasts and soups and stews and squash and apples and pie and Thanksgiving dinner and so on. You get the idea!
Here are a few fall recipes we’re looking forward to making this season and enjoying alongside Barren Ridge wines…
- Pork tenderloin with roasted apples and onions with our 2014 Traminette
- Butternut squash risotto with our 2015 Chardonnay
- Pot roast with our 2013 Petit Verdot
- Chili con carne (or vegetarian chili) with our 2014 Harmony
- Autumn beef stew with our 2010 Meritage (available in the tasting room only)
- Sausage and potato pan roast with our 2014 Touriga
- Portobello steak-frites with sweet potatoes with our 2014 Merlot
And if you are planning food for a special occasion this fall, let us say we highly recommend…
- Oysters with our 2015 Vidal Blanc
- An after-dinner cheese board featuring pears, blue cheese, and walnuts with our 2013 Christof
- And our 2015 Rosé at Thanksgiving dinner!